The T. Howard Foundation (THF) is excited to announce the recipients of the 2017 Scott Weiss Scholarship, an annual merit-based award granted to eligible alumni of THF’s Internship Program.
Now in its 18th year, the scholarship provides alumni financial assistance for their academic and career pursuits including tuition, textbooks and/or expenses related to career development, such as conferences and workshops that help prepare recipients for a career in the media and entertainment industry.
This year, THF awarded $15,000 in scholarships, with each recipient receiving $2500.
The Scott Weiss Scholarship is named after Scott Weiss, T. Howard Foundation founder and Chairman Emeritus. He is currently CEO and owner of Speakeasy, a THF host company.
2017 Scott Weiss Scholarship Award recipients are (including current institution, expected graduation year, THF internship Program year(s) and host company):
- Tatiana Cadet (New York University, Public Relations and Corporate Communications, ’18), THF ’17, Viacom (BET)
- Jin Kim (University of Michigan- Ann Arbor, Screen Arts & Cultures and Business Administration, ’18), THF ’16 and ’17, NBCUniversal
- Cierra Lockett (Loyola Marymount University, Writing and Producing for Television, ’19), THF ’13, Viacom (Nickelodeon)
- Kevina Newton (New York University, Media, Culture and Communication, ’17), THF ’17, Turner Broadcasting, Inc.
- Maitlyn Phan (University of Southern California, Business Administration, ’17), THF ’17, Viacom (Nickelodeon)
- Hongyu Zhou (University of Pennsylvania, Communication, ’18), THF ’17, Facebook