There is currently one position open at the Foundation.
SENIOR COORDINATOR, CAREER & ALUMNI SERVICES
The position of Senior Coordinator is critical in the continued development and enhancement of Career & Alumni Services programming, events and activities.
Under the direction of the Director, Career & Alumni Services, the Senior Coordinator will work closely with the Assistant Manager, Career & Alumni Services in support of 1) engaging various audiences including THF alumni, Talent Development Program members and partner company contacts, 2) ensuring data accuracy and the efficient workflow of department operations and 3) creating, delivering, and marketing relevant content, activities, and events.
The position requires a self-motivated, flexible, and well-organized individual who is able to handle multiple concurrent projects and take initiative when needed. Additionally, the ideal candidate will possess excellent interpersonal skills, enjoy working with diverse groups, and demonstrates their commitment to the mission of the T. Howard Foundation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide general administrative support including but not limited to data-entry, reporting, email management, outreach, event coordination, and marketing
- Build and nurture connections to alumni communities via online communication tools and social media
- Manage and maintain alumni and resource portals, and databases and data systems necessary for alumni-related reports, projects and other functions
- Assist in the management of Career & Alumni Services presence via a website, social media, and other related online content
- Perform additional duties as assigned, needed or required
- Coordinate and maintain external and internal communications (events, announcements, marketing, fundraising efforts, etc.)
- Coordinate, edit and distribute content for various purposes, such as e-newsletters, social media, web pages, training/procedure manuals, presentations, and other professional documents for various audiences
- Create and conduct interviews, research, surveys, and evaluations report on outcomes
- Develop and maintain a marketing calendar; and oversee the marketing of Career & Alumni Services-related content (events, career opportunities, weekly and quarterly newsletters, alumni spotlights, etc.)
- Event Planning and Management
- Assist with executing and promoting events hosted by THF and THF partners
- Collaborate with partners to assist with event outreach and logistics planning
- Work with staff, event participants, and partners to organize workflow, meet deadlines, and ensure event success
- Attend events and assist with meetings and conferences as needed
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Adaptability – Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions and thrives in an environment of complexity, change, and ambiguity
- Collaboration– Skilled at building relationships and acts respectfully when working with internal/external colleagues and partners
- Communication (Oral and Written) – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Participates in meetings; Communicates changes and progress; Writes clearly and informatively while paying strict attention to detail
- Creative Problem Solving – Acts in advance to deal with an expected or unexpected situation, develops alternative solutions/ideas; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner
- Decision Making – Uses sound judgment to make good decisions based on information gathered and analyzed; Considers all pertinent facts and alternatives before deciding on the most appropriate action
- Dependability – Meets commitments, works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, sets personal standards, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Efficient – Able to produce significant output with a strong work ethic and high-quality standards; Follows through and completes work in a timely and consistent manner
- Enthusiasm– Exhibits passion and excitement about diversity & inclusion work; Has a positive attitude
- Initiative – Generates ideas for improvement and suggests innovations; Seeks increased responsibilities and training/development opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed
- Planning and Organizing – Prioritizes tasks and work responsibilities to achieve objectives; Uses time efficiently; Allocates and uses resources properly
- Professionalism – Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Reacts well under pressure
- BA/BS degree in marketing, communications, public relations or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant (post-grad) work experience including administrative / program support, marketing, social media, and event planning
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated project/time management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects independently
- Proficient in Microsoft (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Proficient with creative desktop tools (Adobe Creative), email marketing (Constant Contact), graphic design tools (Canva), and WordPress is preferred
- Ability to provide and receive constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and discretion when privy to sensitive information
- Ability to work extended hours, including some evenings and overnight travel
- Experience and comfort working with diverse populations and various stakeholders including students, alumni, senior management, and board members
- Effectively and enthusiastically represent the mission of the Foundation
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. THF offers excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid healthcare, long and short-term disability, and life insurance for employees, transit/parking subsidy, access to FSA and 403b plans, most federal holidays, 2 weeks’ vacation, and paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Please submit a cover letter (including salary requirements) and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, January 17, 2020.
- Your email Subject Line should include Senior Coordinator, Career & Alumni Services.
- Qualified applicants will be contacted/invited to interview on a rolling basis. No phone calls, please.
As an equal opportunity employer, the T. Howard Foundation is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.