There are currently two positions open at the Foundation:
1) Vice President, Operations & Development
2) Training & Recruitment Coordinator, Internship Program
ABOUT T. HOWARD FOUNDATION
T. Howard Foundation (THF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization located in the metropolitan Washington, DC area. The Foundation’s mission is to promote diversity in media and entertainment by increasing the number of underrepresented groups and under-served communities within the industry. This is accomplished via its comprehensive Internship and Career & Alumni Services Programs, as well as the Diversity Partners initiative. The Foundation’s programs and services are supported by the annual Diversity Awards Dinner and various fees for services.
VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS & DEVELOPMENT
Under the supervision of the President and CEO, the Vice President, Operations & Development will oversee Administration and Program Operations and play a significant role in the fundraising activities of the Foundation. The vice president will also be responsible for identifying new opportunities for the enhancement of programs and services as well as the annual fundraising dinner. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively with senior staff and manage the Foundation’s operations in the absence of the President.
- Manage the overall operations of the Foundation in the absence of the President
- Assist the President with correspondence to members of the Board of Directors, as well as members of various committees of the board
- Assist the Senior Management Team with the development and implementation of special projects and events
- Assist President with fundraising activities such as: special events fundraising, proposal writing, coordinating program participation in the annual fundraising dinner and research funding opportunities
- Supervise and work with the Administrative Coordinator regarding management of accounts payable and receivables
- Manage and supervise consistent updating of marketing materials, the website, blogs and various social media sites
- Manage the recruitment and on-boarding of new employees
- Submit bi-monthly time and attendance to accounting assistant for processing of payroll
- Review and approve all check requests prior to submitting to President for signature
- Make sure that remote bank deposits are made in a timely manner and receipts are filed according to procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the President
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must have a minimum 5 – 10 years of senior management experience within a non-profit organization
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, Mastered preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Experience developing and/or enhancing programs and services
- Working knowledge of special events fundraising and proposal writing
- Experience managing to an organization’s annual budget
- Comfortable working with a board of directors and senior corporate executives
- Able to travel to meetings and events
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with experience. THF offers excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid healthcare, long and short-term disability, and life insurance for employees, transit/parking subsidy, access to FSA and 403b plans, most federal holidays, 2 weeks’ vacation, and paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 30, 2019. Your email must contain the subject line: Vice President, Operations & Development. Applications without a cover letter or salary requirements will not be considered. No phone calls please.
TRAINING AND RECRUITMENT COORDINATOR, INTERNSHIP PROGRAM
The ideal candidate for the Training & Recruitment Coordinator role will have at least 1-3 years of experience in higher education (Admissions or Career Services preferred). The candidate will be a self-starter and team player interested in program management and workshop facilitation. This individual has a passion for working with diverse and underrepresented college students and will be responsible for co-managing the spring and fall internship programs and researching and facilitating professional development training. Additional responsibilities include assisting with Summer Intern Orientation and the annual Diversity Awards Dinner.
Internship Program Recruitment
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleges/universities and prospective applicants
- Research target colleges/universities, academic departments and student organizations to enhance recruitment strategies
- Schedule and conduct information sessions at colleges/universities and participate in recruitment efforts (career fairs, diversity panels, etc.)
- Assist in creation of recruitment presentations and marketing materials
- Evaluate applications and interview Internship Program candidates
- Select and place interns with host company partners for summer, fall and spring openings
- Co-manage the spring and fall internship programs
Training and Program Management
- Review and edit internship candidates’ resumes
- Design and host professional development webinars
- Create and distribute content for the intern online resource portal
- Provide relevant feedback to support interns based on their supervisor assessment and self-evaluations
- Analyze survey results from THF Internship Program events
- Administrative duties include data entry, responding to prospective intern inquiries and follow-up with students
The above statements describe the general nature and scope of work performed in this position. Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1-3 years of professional work experience (higher education experience preferred)
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Superb attention to detail with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and solve problems under pressure
- Effectively and enthusiastically represent the mission of the Foundation
- Requires less than 20% recruitment travel, with some evening hours and weekends
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience. THF offers excellent benefits including 100% employer-paid healthcare, long and short-term disability, and life insurance for employees, transit/parking subsidy, access to FSA and 403b plans, most federal holidays, 2 weeks’ vacation, and paid holiday break between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com by Saturday, August 17, 2019. Your email must contain the subject line: Training & Recruitment Coordinator. Applications without a cover letter or salary requirements will not be considered.
- Prospective candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
The T. Howard Foundation is an equal opportunity employer who promotes excellence
through diversity, and is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership
of people from diverse backgrounds. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.