About T. Howard Foundation
The T. Howard Foundation (THF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, charitable organization located in the metropolitan Washington, DC area. The Foundation’s mission is to promote diversity in media and entertainment by increasing the number of underrepresented groups and underserved communities within the industry. This is accomplished via a comprehensive Internship Program for college students, a Talent Development Program for young professionals and a Diversity Advancement Program for partner media companies.
The ideal candidate for the Recruitment Coordinator has at least 1-3 years of experience in higher education, non-profit or human resources. The candidate is a self-starter and team player that is interested in program management and logistics. Additionally, the candidate has a passion for working with diverse and underrepresented college students.
Internship Program Recruitment
- Develop and maintain relationships with colleges/universities and prospective applicants
- Research target colleges/universities, academic departments and student organizations to enhance recruitment strategies
- Schedule and conduct information sessions at colleges/universities and participate in recruitment efforts (career fairs, diversity panels, etc.)
- Assist in creation of recruitment presentations and marketing materials
- Evaluate applications and interview Internship Program candidates
- Select and place interns with host company partners for summer, fall and spring openings
- Review and edit internship candidates’ resumes
- Co-manage the spring and fall internship programs
- Oversee travel logistics for interns and the Internship Program team
- Manage data entry, survey results and outreach from THF Internship Program and events
- Organize and update digital files and directories
- Generate ad hoc Internship Program reports
- Assist with the planning and coordination of annual events
The above statements describe the general nature and scope of work performed in this position. Other duties may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 1-3 years of professional work experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
- Superb attention to detail with strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and solve problems under pressure
- Effectively and enthusiastically represent the mission of the Foundation
- Requires less than 20% recruitment travel, with some evening hours and weekends
- This position offers a salary commensurate with experience, excellent benefits including ten days paid vacation, employee medical, dental and vision covered by the Foundation, plus a retirement plan.
- Please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com by March 31, 2020.
- Your email must contain the subject line: Recruitment Coordinator. Applications without a cover letter or salary requirements will not be considered.
- Prospective candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis. No phone calls please.
- This position offers excellent benefits including ten days paid vacation, employee medical, dental and vision covered by the Foundation, plus a retirement plan.
The T. Howard Foundation is an equal opportunity employer who promotes excellence through diversity, and is committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership
of people from diverse backgrounds.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.