- Programs & Initiatives
Summer Intern Orientation
Students who are placed in summer internships participate in T. Howard's Summer Intern Orientation, a comprehensive and interactive 2 1/2-day professional development program. Students are provided resources and guidance for maximizing their internships and preparing for careers in the media industry.
Speakers and panelists include industry professionals, subject matter experts, and T. Howard alumni. This is also an exclusive opportunity for interns to network.
Session topics include:
- Overview of departments and business functions within the industry
- Career options in specific fields
- Effective networking techniques
- Understanding the recruitment process
- Interpersonal communications and business writing
- Financial planning
Summer Intern Orientation takes place in the Washington, DC area, and T. Howard covers expenses for travel, hotel accommodations, most meals and materials.
View highlights from the 2016 and 2014 Summer Intern Orientation below.