- Programs & Initiatives
Programs & Initiatives
The T. Howard Foundation recognizes the importance and value of a culturally diverse and highly skilled workforce. Our goal is to increase the representation of minorities in the media and entertainment industry through comprehensive programs designed for college students and young professionals.
- Minority students are recruited from colleges and universities nationwide for media internship placements in New York, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Chicago, Washington, DC, Atlanta and Charlotte.
- Students selected for the paid internships participate in a 2Â½-day orientation for internship preparation and professional development.
- Interns work full-time in various business functions.
- Each intern is assigned an experienced mentor in the media industry.
- Professional development resources are offered to alumni of the THF internship program and qualified students with an interest in full-time career opportunities in the media industry.
- The program assists members in their efforts to identify and fill in the gaps between their current abilities and those they need to meet their personal career objectives.
- Members have a wide range of experiences across multiple disciplines, including sales, marketing, production, public relations, and digital media.
- A THF program which provides resources to industry recruiters, human resources, and diversity and inclusion professionals who seek qualified, diverse candidates for entry- to mid-level positions.
- The program serves as a liaison between THF candidates and DAP partners to assist in streamlining the process for attracting and securing diverse talent, specifically.
- DAP supports strategic candidate sourcing across multiple disciplines on a nationwide basis.
Media-related corporations, such as advertising and public relations agencies, that embrace diversity can support the Foundation as Diversity Partners.
- Mentors are assigned to each student participating in the Internship Program--a unique benefit of the T. Howard Foundation
- Mentors share career interests and goals with their mentees